Research Proposal & Title registration
A research proposal must be prepared in conjunction with the study leader/promoter in accordance with the requirements of the NWU.
Visit NWU Libraries for the following useful guides:
- NWU Referencing Guide
- Writing Assignments
- Copyright & Plagiarism
- Manual for M and PhD Studies
- Postgraduate MS Word Template
When the study leader/promoter and student are satisfied with the research proposal, the study leader/promoter will submit the research proposal to the following committees for evaluation:
As soon as CAD approve the research proposal, the title will be registered and the student may continue with his/her research. The research proposal forms Chapter ONE of the dissertation/thesis.
Title registration must ideally be completed in the first year of registration.
Documents to be submitted with the Research Proposal:
- Title registration form
- Code of Conduct
- Ethics application form and relevant documentation
- Ethics training certificate(s) of student
- Ethics training certificate(s) of study leader/promoter
- CV of study leader/promoter
- CV of student