Focus: The research of exegetical, hermeneutical, revelation historical and related aspects of the Old and New Testament.
Subprogramme leader: Dr Albert Coetsee
To undertake exegetical, revelation historical (theological), canonical (introductory), and related studies of the Old and New Testament.
1. Revelation historical studies: Methodological and thematical studies (e.g. life/death; the covenant).
2. Canonical studies: Perspectives on and from specific Bible books (e.g. Matthew; John).
3. Rhetorical & Linguistic studies.
4. Contextualisation of Bibliology for Africa: Methodological and thematical studies.
5. Reformational approach in Bibliology: Methodological and thematic studies.