Focus: An intra- and interdisciplinary research approach to enhance the development of the (South) African society with regard to the role and importance of African spirituality and leadership. The different disciplines participating in this subprogramme are different theological disciplines, Indigenous Knowledge Systems, Community Development Studies, and Economic and Management Sciences.
Subprogramme leader: Dr Philip du Toit
- To make a holistic contribution to the Africanisation/decolonisation of the curriculum of the different disciplines in the programme.
- To engage and dialogue with different forms of spirituality in Africa, including church ministries, African initiated churches, African Pentecostalism and Neo-Pentecostal independent churches.
- To determine the influence and impact of African spirituality on the development of the African society.
- To determine the influence and impact of African spirituality on the development of leaders in Africa.
- African Leadership and Spirituality.
- The establishment of collaborative interdisciplinary research.
- The influence of spirituality on the (South) African society.
- The socio-economic influence of spirituality in African organisations.